Finding my own sacred space of stillness and exploring this is one of my personal goals. I described a ritual of choosing my words for 2013 in an earlier post – they are simplicity, balance and stillness. I am enjoying practicing simplicity, I am struggling with my balancing act and I am slowing down to find my own stillness.
I have had some wonderful moments recently and I would like to share this stillness with you. I hope you can connect to it through my photos and feel it right now. I also post photos daily on Instagram at soulsisterdelicia.
Breathe in. Breathe out. Be still.
I experience my stillness not only by being still, but also through my moments of heart connection to my self, to others, to Mother Nature and to all that is. That pleasure in enjoying the present moment brings me what I am seeking in the now. It could be a brief moment, a few minutes or a longer period of time. Even a quick minute of quietness replenishes my soul. Mother Nature is a great stillness teacher, as is my favourite furry friend Max. She has definitely found it in her life and I can learn so much from enjoying time with her.
To find some stillness today and perhaps even right now, take a breath and try one of these easy ideas:
- Watch the sun, the moon, a sunrise or a sunset
- Go for a mindful walk around your garden or local area and notice the tiny things
- Take your time to make a cup of tea, then savor each mouthful
- Stop for a few moments to feel the energy of a tree
- Sit down to just breathe in and breathe out a few times allowing yourself to let go
- Find a quiet spot and gift yourself time for a short meditation
- Spend a minute or two observing your favourite furry friend
In. Out. Still.
These work for me as I search for my bit of stillness each day, what works for you? Please feel free to share this if you know someone else who would enjoy it. The more we share, the more we have. 🙂
with love, Delicia xxx